Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Alabama computer store owner scammed feds out of $22 million, prosecutors allege June 22, 2018An Alabama computer store owner has been indicted for an alleged decades-long scam involving a surplus government computer program.
- Trump endorses Martha Roby in Alabama's District 2 race June 22, 2018The president tweeted his support for incumbent Martha Roby early Friday morning. She will face Bobby Bright in a runoff election on July 17.
- Woman spots bear at Waffle House in Leeds June 22, 2018The bear was spotted around 5 a.m.
- President Trump explains Melania's 'I Really Don't Care, Do U?' jacket June 22, 2018President Donald Trump has offered his explanation for first lady Melania Trump's controversial fashion choice for a visit to the U.S. Mexican border.
- Alabama officials applaud court's online sales tax ruling June 22, 2018The U.S. Supreme Court overturned an old ruling that said a state can't force companies to collect a sales tax unless the companies have a physical presence, like a store, in the state.
- New food stamp work requirements pass House, Trump reacts June 21, 2018A five-year farm bill that includes stricter work requirements for some food stamp recipients narrowly passed the House today.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- U.S. medical device firm electroCore IPO price set at $15 per share June 22, 2018(This version of the story has been refiled to correct company designation to electroCore Inc from electroCore Llc in first paragraph)
- Lifestyle changes can help obese women improve fertility June 21, 2018(Reuters Health) - Although obesity can significantly decrease a woman's ability to get pregnant, losing weight through diet and exercise can improve her odds, according to a research review.
- Close sibling bonds may protect against harm of family conflict June 21, 2018(Reuters Health) - Strong sibling ties can help buffer adolescents from the stress of witnessing parents' battles and unresolved conflicts, a small study suggests.
- Head of new U.S. corporate health plan cites surgery as biggest cost June 21, 2018San Diego (Reuters) - Dr. Atul Gawande, a surgeon who was named this week to head the company being formed by Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JPMorgan Chase to trim employee healthcare costs, on Thursday cited surgery as the single biggest U.S. healthcare cost and said there are ways to both cut costs and improve patient […]
- Portable music players tied to hearing loss in kids June 21, 2018Reuters Health - Children who listen to music through headphones may be at greater risk of noise-related hearing loss, a Dutch study suggests.
- Russia's Cherkizovo says Bird flu detected at its poultry farm - June 21, 2018MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian meat producer Cherkizovo said on Thursday bird flu was detected at its poultry farm in Penza region.