Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Roy Moore campaign disputes reports he was banned from mall November 21, 2017"We are intent upon bringing out the truth, when no one in the press or in D.C. seems to care."
- Child predator operation lands 2 Jefferson County men in jail November 20, 2017ALEA's Alabama Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force on Monday evening announced charges against Michael Glenn Rich, 56, of Birmingham, and Thomas Morrison Hart J., 46, of Adamsville. Their arrests were part of Operation Standing Guard II, which began on Nov. 13 in the Birmingham area, said Lt. Brook Walker, ICAC commander and commander […]
- Things aren't always as they seem; just ask Tarrant police November 20, 2017A Birmingham-area woman on Monday took to Facebook, via a page called Hood Life, to warn others about possible wrongdoing by Tarrant police. Officers saw the post, and they fought back in a post of their own.
- Free haircuts for Birmingham's homeless: 'Oh man, it's real love' November 20, 2017A group of Birmingham area barbers, along with nonprofit The Willing Family, teamed up Monday to offer free haircuts to the homeless, the less fortunate and anyone else in need of a trim or shave. Corry Pettway, one of The Willing Family founders, said the group came together to give back to the community.
- Man shot multiple times, killed in Bessemer street November 20, 2017The shooting happened about 2:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of 12th Street North.
- Coroner says Montevallo, ex-Ramsay basketball player died of enlarged heart; candlelight vigil set November 20, 2017A.J. Luke died in a hotel room in Albany, Ga., where the Montevallo basketball team was playing in a tournament. A candlelight vigil will be held for him Monday night on campus.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- U.S. judge rejects plea deal with Novelion's Aegerion November 21, 2017BOSTON (Reuters) - A judge on Monday rejected a plea deal that was part of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc's recent agreement to pay $40.1 million to resolve U.S. probes of its marketing of a cholesterol drug, saying it was "not in the public interest."
- Substituting methadone for opioids could save billions November 20, 2017(Reuters Health) - Policymakers and insurers have been pushing people addicted to opioids into abstinence-based detox programs, but a new study concludes that methadone and similar drug-maintenance treatments save lives and money.
- Amsterdam, Paris win post-Brexit EU agencies in lucky dip November 20, 2017BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Amsterdam and Paris won the right to host two EU agencies that must leave London because of Brexit after an extraordinary ministerial meeting in Brussels that left both results decided by drawing lots from a fishbowl.
- Many U.S. schools don’t teach CPR even when states require it November 20, 2017(Reuters Health) - Even though high schools in most U.S. states are required to offer training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to students, many do not, a new study suggests.
- Babies learn what words mean before they can use them November 20, 2017(Reuters Health) - Babies begin to learn words and what they mean well before they begin talking, and researchers are beginning to understand how they do it.
- HCR ManorCare gets respite from dropped Medicare fraud lawsuit November 20, 2017CHICAGO (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department withdrew a Medicare fraud lawsuit against HCR ManorCare, removing a cloud over one the largest U.S. nursing home chains as it nears a deadline to settle a legal dispute with its landlord.