Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Hoover High principal to retire, search for new principal begins soon May 25, 2018"Mr. Hulin has served us well," Hoover Superintendent Kathy Murphy said, and it is important to find the right kind of dynamic leader to replace him.
- Rickey Smiley giving car to teen who took bus to graduation May 25, 2018The photo that shows Corey Patrick walking to the bus stop in his cap and gown went viral on social media earlier this week.
- Children's movie 'Show Dogs' reedited after complaints it groomed kids for sexual abuse May 24, 2018The children's film "Show Dogs" is being reedited after complaints that some of its scenes groomed children for sexual abuse.
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center under scrutiny after psych patient dies while restrained May 24, 2018The Centers for Medicine and Medicaid services said the hospital failed to proper procedures for physically restraining a patient.
- Suspect jailed, questioned after 2 women deliberately run over outside Birmingham McDonald's May 24, 2018Birmingham police Lt. Pete Williston confirmed the suspect is being held on a 48-hour extension but said they do not yet have enough evidence to seek warrants against her. The investigation is ongoing.
- UAB asks for 20 papers by former professor be retracted from medical journals May 24, 2018The University of Alabama at Birmingham has requested 20 papers authored by former associate professor Santosh Katiyar be retracted from medical journals.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- AstraZeneca cancer drug hits second goal by extending survival May 25, 2018LONDON (Reuters) - AstraZeneca's immunotherapy drug Imfinzi has hit a second important goal by improving overall survival in lung cancer patients, boosting prospects for a medicine that has already got off to a promising commercial launch.
- Australian anti-trust watchdog loses appeal against Pfizer over Lipitor sales May 25, 2018MELBOURNE (Reuters) - An Australian court dismissed an appeal by the nation's anti-trust watchdog in a case against Pfizer Inc in which the regulator alleged the company had used its market power to limit competition for its cholesterol-lowering drug Lipitor.
- FDA approves BioMarin rare metabolic disorder drug, shares rise May 25, 2018(Reuters) - U.S. regulators on Thursday approved BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc's Palynziq for adults with phenylketonuria, a rare metabolic disorder, sending shares of the biotechnology company up 3 percent after hours.
- Pressured by industry, U.S. EPA slows formaldehyde study release: documents May 25, 2018WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, under pressure from the chemical industry, has delayed release of a study detailing cancer risks from formaldehyde, according to internal communications seen by Reuters, potentially keeping important health information from the public.
- Infection alert after dying Ebola patients taken to Congo prayer meeting May 24, 2018GENEVA/KINSHASA (Reuters) - Two dying Ebola patients were spirited out of a Congo hospital by their relatives on motor-bikes, then taken to a prayer meeting with 50 other people, potentially exposing them all to the deadly virus, a senior aid worker said on Thursday.
- Oily fish still a good habit for heart health, U.S. doctors say May 24, 2018(Reuters Health) - People who eat at least two servings a week of oily fish like salmon, mackerel, herring and tuna should keep it up because U.S. doctors still say it's a good way to reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.