Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Mega Millions at $1.6 billion, Powerball hits $620 million: What you need to know October 22, 2018Lottery mania is set to reach a fever pitch this week.
- Trump's approval rating tops Obama's midterm numbers, poll shows October 22, 2018President Trump's approval ratings are higher than those of former-president Barack Obama during the first mid-term elections of his presidency, according to a new poll.
- 23-year-old killed in shooting at Hoover apartment complex October 22, 2018Hoover police responded to a report of gunshots at 4:49 p.m. to the Park at Hoover, said Capt. Gregg Rector. Once on the scene in the 2300 block of Rime Drive of Lorna Road, they found the victim suffering from a gunshot wound.
- Orionids meteor shower 2018: Meteor shower peaking overnight tonight; how to watch October 21, 2018October isn't just a time for cooler temperatures - it's also a time for a celestial show.
- Gov. Kay Ivey channels her inner Trump in campaign speech October 20, 2018"If I wasn't doing such a good job, I couldn't blame you for considering somebody else."
- Mega Millions results: No winner, jackpot grows to record $1.6 billion; when is next drawing? October 20, 2018There was no big winner in Friday night's Mega Million drawing, meaning next Tuesday's jackpot will be a jaw-dropping $1.6 billion.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- Kellogg to bring back Honey Smacks cereal after Salmonella scare October 22, 2018Kellogg Co said on Monday it would bring back Honey Smacks cereal on U.S. retailer shelves in November, months after it pulled the product due to a Salmonella scare.
- U.S. farmers, government fight risk of African swine fever October 22, 2018U.S. hog farmers are ramping up safety procedures and leaving animal-feed ingredients imported from China in storage in an attempt to keep out a highly contagious swine disease that is sweeping through Asia and Europe.
- Philip Morris stop-smoking campaign attacked as PR stunt October 22, 2018Marlboro cigarette maker Philip Morris International drew accusations of hypocrisy on Monday after using a four-page newspaper advertisement to urge smokers to quit cigarettes.
- China finds African swine fever in country's south, fuelling supply worries October 22, 2018China's three-month old outbreak of African swine fever has spread for the first time to the country's south, its major pork-consuming region, signaling how deeply the deadly disease has permeated the country's pig herd, the world's largest.
- Roche lands Tecentriq trial win, still trails Merck in lung cancer October 22, 2018Roche's Tecentriq plus chemotherapy boosted lung cancer patients' survival by nearly five months, study data released on Monday showed, underscoring benefits of the Swiss group's immunotherapy but still leaving it trailing a rival's drug.
- China watchdog probes unit of catering giant Compass over expired school food October 22, 2018Chinese authorities are probing a local unit of global catering giant Compass Group Plc over mouldy and expired food found at a private school served by the group and said it would inspect other schools around the city.