Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Alabaster man struck back of 18-wheeler, killed on I-65 August 20, 2018The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the victim as Michael Todd "T.J." McCarver Jr. He was 27.
- Alabama Republicans will win easily, Democrats will take back Congress, predictions show August 20, 2018The latest predictions for Alabama's Congressional races show incumbents have little reason to worry.
- Sen. Del Marsh's chief of staff leaving for private sector August 20, 2018Philip Bryan has served as chief of staff for the Alabama Senate president pro tem since 2011.
- Woman, 35, killed when vehicle hit by train in Hoover; 2 others recovering August 20, 2018Hoover police identified the victim as Alex Lyndsey Newman. She was 35 and from West Blocton.
- Gretchen Carlson blames Miss America Cara Mund for loss of $75,000 in scholarship money August 20, 2018Miss America chair Gretchen Carlson said bullying and intimidation allegations raised by current title holder Cara Mund has led to the loss of $75,000 in scholarship money.
- Wanted domestic violence suspect captured at Birmingham business August 20, 2018Jefferson County sheriff's deputies arrested 37-year-old Michael Ray Mullins about 6 a.m. at a business in the 5300 block of First Avenue North, said Chief Deputy Randy Christian.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- U.S. health secretary says agency has power to eliminate drug rebates August 20, 2018U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said it was within his agency's power to eliminate rebates on prescription drug purchases, a key element of the Trump administration's plan to lower prescription medicine costs.
- Roche's Alecensa latest beneficiary of faster China drug approvals August 20, 2018Roche's Alecensa lung cancer medicine became the latest beneficiary of China's efforts to speed up approvals in the world's second-biggest drug market, which is gaining importance for global pharmaceuticals companies' growth plans.
- Third African swine fever outbreak hits China's hog herd August 19, 2018China's Ministry of Agriculture said on Sunday 88 hogs had died from African swine fever in the eastern city of Lianyungang, the third outbreak this month, as the highly-contagious disease threatened to spread through the world's biggest pig herd.
- FDA approves Teva's generic of Mylan's EpiPen August 18, 2018The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd's generic version of Mylan NV's life-saving allergy injection, EpiPen, at a time when regulators are looking to lower healthcare costs.
- China sacks six senior officials at food and drug regulator over vaccine scandal August 18, 2018China said on Saturday it has sacked six senior officials at its food and drug regulator after a safety scandal at vaccine maker Changsheng Biotechnology Co Ltd revealed failings at the government body including inadequate supervision.
- Militia threat hampers Ebola fight in Congo as disease kills 47 August 17, 2018Militia violence in Democratic Republic of Congo has prevented aid workers from reaching some potential cases in an outbreak of Ebola that has so far killed 47 people, the World Health Organization said on Friday.