Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Miss America controversy: Heather Whitestone McCallum, 12 other Miss Americas launch petition August 17, 2018Miss America and former Miss Alabama Heather Whitestone McCallum is among 13 former title holders to put their name to a petition calling for changes within the Miss America organization.
- Alabama's unemployment rate unchanged, record number of people working August 17, 2018More than 2.1 million people are now working in the state.
- Which state has the most Confederate monuments? And no, it's not Alabama August 17, 2018Last year's violence in Charlottesville, Virginia - unrest sparked by the relocations of a Confederate statue - led to the removal of similar monuments around the country.
- Birmingham-based SummitMedia adds 19 stations in $47 million deal August 17, 2018Birmingham-based SummitMedia has added 19 radio stations to its portfolio of 31 in a deal valued at $47 million.
- State Supreme Court denies Roy Moore appeal on venue change August 17, 2018Moore asked the high court to transfer the lawsuit filed in Montgomery County by Leigh Corfman to his home county of Etowah.
- Man originally facing capital charge pleads guilty, sent to prison August 17, 2018Raymarquail Moore originally faced a charge of capital murder during the course of a burglary, but last week pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of murder and was sentenced to prison.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- Dementia patients may benefit from music therapy August 17, 2018(Reuters Health) - Music therapy may improve depression and anxiety in dementia patients, a new analysis suggests.
- Transgender veterans don't have worse health August 17, 2018(Reuters Health) - Transgender military veterans do not have worse health than cisgender veterans, a recent U.S. study suggests.
- Militia threat hampers Ebola fight in Congo as disease kills 44 August 17, 2018Militia violence in Democratic Republic of Congo has prevented aid workers from reaching some potential cases in an outbreak of Ebola that has so far killed 44 people, the World Health Organization said on Friday.
- Staying fit might cut glaucoma risk August 17, 2018(Reuters Health) - Meeting physical activity guidelines and being physically fit may reduce the risk of developing glaucoma by 40 percent to 50 percent, recent research suggests.
- Scotland's Ayrshire to give free tampons to tackle period poverty August 17, 2018Scotland's North Ayrshire Council has become the first local authority in Britain to provide free sanitary provision in public buildings, hoping to tackle "period poverty".
- FDA approves Bristol-Myers' Opdivo for small cell lung cancer August 17, 2018Bristol-Myers Squibb Co said on Friday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved its treatment, Opdivo, for patients whose lung cancer had progressed even after undergoing chemotherapy and at least one other therapy.