SpaceX successfully launched its Falcon 9 rocket to the International Space Station. The rocket was launched fro the same historic site that saw some of NASA’s greatest space missions. ...Read more
- 22-year-old man shot dead in Birmingham's Evergreen community was with family February 21, 2017A 22-year-old has been shot dead in north Birmingham.
- Bomb threat at Levite Jewish Community Center 1 of nearly a dozen Monday across the U.S. February 21, 2017According to The Hill, the JCC Association of North America reported similar threats at 10 other Jewish community centers Monday, including facilities in Chicago, Buffalo, Houston and Tampa.
- Bentley impeachment on hold but not forgotten by Alabama lawmakers February 21, 2017The Legislature begins the third week of the legislative session on Tuesday.
- 2 arrested for chemical endangerment of child after fire exposes meth lab February 20, 2017Police said evidence of a meth lab was found after the fire.
- Funding for Alabama high school science program in question February 20, 2017Teachers and supporters of the Alabama Science in Motion program have been burning up social media trying to convince lawmakers to save the program's $1.6 million in funding.
- Father and son killed in head-on crash with each other in a week of inexplicable grief February 20, 2017Jeff Brasher, 50, and his son, 20-year-old Austin Brasher, died in a head-on collision with each other at 4 a.m. on Saturday. "There's no explanation for something so random," said sister/aunt to the victims who also is the principal at Oak Grove High School, which is still reeling from last week's crash that killed a […]
Addressing a rally on Saturday, President Trump had said, “look at what’s happening last night in Sweden”, as he listed areas hit by terrorist attacks. Problem is, there were no ...Read more
Robert Harward, a former Navy Seal, has turned down Donald Trump’s offer to replace Michael Flynn as national security adviser. Trump’s pick for national security adviser turns down ...Read more
- BrainStorm seeks early approval for stem cell treatment in Canada February 21, 2017TEL AVIV (Reuters) - Israel's BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics is seeking early approval in Canada for its adult stem cell treatment for patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a neuro-degenerative disease, even before it completes late-stage clinical trials.
- 'Fasting-mimicking' diet said to reduce risk factors for aging February 20, 2017(Reuters Health) – Following a diet that mimics fasting may reduce risk factors for disease in generally healthy people, according to a small study.
- Doctors who find meaning in their work are less likely to feel burnout February 20, 2017(Reuters Health) – Doctors who feel burned out or overwhelmed by the demands of work are less likely to view their work with patients as a “calling” that has meaning, according to a recent study.
- Swim fitness trackers work well enough for recreational swimmers February 20, 2017(Reuters Health) – Popular fitness trackers made for swimmers are accurate enough for recreational use to track and improve performance, but not for use in training by competitive swimmers, a recent study concludes.
- Going from low- to intermediate-fitness may prolong life February 20, 2017(Reuters Health) - Improving cardiovascular fitness over time may prolong life, suggests a new study.
- Company-funded studies of approved drugs may not catch safety issues February 20, 2017(Reuters Health) - Studies drug companies fund after medicines go on sale may be too small to detect rare side effects, a recent German study suggests.