Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Suspect in holdup outside Gardendale church facing felonies in 2 other cities February 19, 2018Gardendale police have charged 29-year-old Dwight Desmond Bell Jr. with first-degree robbery in the Dec. 18, 2017 holdup outside Gardendale First Baptist Church.
- Taylor Hicks to perform at grand opening of Birmingham Intermodal Facility February 19, 2018Alabama native Taylor Hicks will perform at the grand opening celebration of the Birmingham Intermodal Facility downtown.
- 52-year-old woman killed in Russell County motorcycle crash February 19, 2018Alabama State Troopers on Monday identified the victim as Lynn Marie Kehus. She lived in Seale.
- Florida school shooting: Petition calls for slain JROTC student to receive military burial February 19, 2018A petition posted to the White House's "We the People" site is calling for a military burial with full honors for one of the students killed during last week's massacre at a Florida High school.
- 8 weeks of free nicotine patches available through health department program February 19, 2018Up to eight weeks of free nicotine patches are available through the Alabama health's department's program to help people kick the chewing tobacco habit.
- Presidents Day 2018: Alabama holiday snubs Lincoln February 19, 2018It's Presidents Day, the time set aside to honor the people who have led our country. The official national holiday honors George Washington, the country's first president.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- More U.S. babies dying of suffocation, often in bed February 19, 2018(Reuters Health) - The number of babies dying of suffocation before their first birthday has been rising in recent years, driven at least in part by an increase in the number of parents sharing beds with their infants, a U.S. study suggests.
- Serious knee injuries increasing in kids and teens February 19, 2018(Reuters Health) - Injuries to a critical ligament in the knee are becoming more common in children and teens, researchers warn.
- Preemies and underweight babies more likely to have low IQs February 19, 2018(Reuters Health) - Babies who are born much too soon or who arrive weighing too little may not score as high on intelligence tests during childhood as full-term infants, a research review suggests.
- New acne diagnoses linked to increased depression risk February 19, 2018(Reuters Health) - In the first year after being told by a doctor that they have acne, patients’ risk for a diagnosis of major depressive disorder spikes by more than 60 percent compared to the general population, a new study shows.
- Malawi cholera cases pass 500, eight people dead February 19, 2018BLANTYRE (Reuters) - Cholera cases in Malawi have tripled and four more people have died, the Ministry of Health said on Monday, a month after the spread of the disease from Zambia was thought to have been contained.
- AstraZeneca's immunotherapy drug wins key lung cancer approval February 19, 2018LONDON (Reuters) - AstraZeneca's immunotherapy drug Imfinzi has won crucial approval from U.S. regulators for use in lung cancer, opening up a multibillion-dollar market for a medicine that has so far lagged behind competitors.