Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Mega Millions jackpot at record $868 million: No winners Tuesday; next drawing Friday October 17, 2018The Mega Millions jackpot has soared past its previous record after there were no winners in Tuesday night's drawing.
- National, local advocates urge feds to investigate Alabama sheriffs over jail food money October 17, 2018Five national and local advocacy organizations sent a letter on Tuesday to Alabama's three U.S. attorneys asking them to investigate potential misuse of jail food funds by sheriffs across the state.
- CDC confirms 62 cases of polio-like illness; reported in 22 states October 17, 2018The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating 127 suspected cases of Acute flaccid myelitis, a polio-like condition that affects mostly children.
- Growing number think Trump will win in 2020, poll shows October 17, 2018The number of Americans who think Donald Trump will win a second term in office is growing.
- Gov. Kay Ivey denies stroke, coverup claims by Spencer Collier October 17, 2018Gov. Kay Ivey has released a new letter from her personal physician in response to claims from the state's former top cop that she suffered stroke-like symptoms in 2015.
- Suspect sought in deadly shooting at Birmingham M & N Groceries October 17, 2018The suspect in the Sunday-morning shooting death of a Birmingham husband and father appears to have been captured on surveillance video, and police are asking for the public's help identifying him.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- U.S. prepares for biggest-ever Agent Orange cleanup in Vietnam October 17, 2018U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Wednesday visited a former American air base in southern Vietnam that will soon become the biggest-ever U.S. cleanup site for contamination left by the defoliant Agent Orange during the Vietnam War.
- Exclusive: Express Scripts covers Amgen, Lilly migraine therapies, excludes Teva drug October 17, 2018Express Scripts Holding Co, one of the largest U.S. prescription benefits managers, will cover new migraine drugs from Eli Lilly and Amgen Inc, but is excluding a rival medication made by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd after price negotiations with all three manufacturers.
- China urges more oversight of large pig farms amid disease epidemic October 17, 2018China's vice agriculture minister said on Wednesday that local governments should step up their oversight of large-scale pig farms and breeding farms as another province reported a fresh outbreak of the highly contagious African swine fever.
- China reports new African swine fever outbreak in city in Shanxi province October 17, 2018China reported a new African swine fever outbreak in Datong city in Shanxi province, the agriculture ministry said on Wednesday
- China bans pigs and pork products imports from Moldova October 17, 2018China has banned imports of pigs and pork products from Moldova to prevent spread of African swine fever, Chinese customs said on Wednesday.
- China reports new African swine fever outbreak in Liaoning province October 17, 2018China reported another new African swine fever outbreak in the city of Panjin in Liaoning province, the agriculture ministry said on Wednesday.