Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Authorities ID man killed when truck plummeted into Warrior River September 21, 2018The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the victim as Jerry Mark Freeman. He was 52 and lived in the Walker County town of Parrish.
- 73-year-old man killed when trapped in burning car outside his Jefferson County home September 21, 2018The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the victim as Grear Fred Ellis. The incident happened at 2:40 p.m. outside the victim's home in the 2100 block of Forestdale Bend Road.
- Birmingham man convicted of murder killed in Alabama prison stabbing September 21, 2018Rogarius Bray, 33, who was convicted of murder in Jefferson County, was stabbed to death in prison on Sept. 20, 2018. Brandy Harris, 42, has been convicted of murder in both Jefferson and Walker counties, had been identified as the suspect.
- FDA warns common flea and tick meds can cause neurological problems in animals September 21, 2018The Food and Drug Administration has issued a warning that common pet and tick medication can cause serious neurological problems in animals.
- Jeff Sessions to speak in Hoover Monday September 21, 2018The U.S. Attorney General will speak at the Justice Department's National Public Safety Partnership Symposium at the Wynfrey Hotel Monday.
- NRA finances in the red, reports say September 21, 2018A third-party audit of the National Rifle Association found the group was in the red for a second year in a row.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- 'Heat-not-burn' cigarettes still damage lungs September 21, 2018(Reuters Health) - A new type of "heat-not-burn" cigarette may lead to just as much lung damage as traditional cigarettes, a recent study suggests.
- Common painkiller tied to increased risk of heart problems September 21, 2018(Reuters Health) - The commonly used painkiller diclofenac may be linked with an increased risk of heart problems, a large Danish study suggests.
- Bulgaria reports outbreak of virulent bird flu September 21, 2018An outbreak of a virulent bird flu virus has spread to a farm in southern Bulgaria, the Balkan country's food safety agency said on Friday.
- U.S. agency accuses Walmart of pregnancy discrimination in lawsuit September 21, 2018The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on Friday filed a lawsuit accusing Walmart Inc of forcing pregnant workers at a Wisconsin warehouse to go on unpaid leave and denying their requests to take on easier duties.
- Congo confirms Ebola case at Ugandan border September 21, 2018Democratic Republic of Congo has confirmed a case of Ebola on its border with Uganda, a country so far clear of the deadly virus, authorities in Congo said on Friday.
- Alcohol abuse kills 3 million a year, most of them men: WHO September 21, 2018More than 3 million people died in 2016 due to drinking too much alcohol, meaning one in 20 deaths worldwide was linked to harmful drinking, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday.