Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- North Korea says it's halted nuclear, ICBM tests prior to summits with US, South Korea April 21, 2018North Korea announced Saturday it will suspend nuclear tests and intercontinental ballistic missile launches ahead of its summits with Seoul and Washington.
- Romaine lettuce warning: CDC expands warning; restaurants pull salads from menu April 21, 2018The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is advising people to toss out all kinds of romaine lettuce unless they are certain it didn't come from the Yuma, Arizona growing region.
- 'They lied to us:' Investigator says sheriff's office was untruthful in probe of warden, blogger April 20, 2018The testimony came during a hearing in the criminal case of Leon Bradley, the longtime Morgan County warden who was fired after Sheriff Ana Franklin said he leaked information to blogger Glenda Lockhart.
- Convicted child killer Judith Ann Neelley set for parole hearing May 23 April 20, 2018Judith Ann Neelley, originally sentenced to die for the 1982 brutal slaying of a 13-year-old Lisa Ann Millican in DeKalb County is now set for a possible shot at freedom next month.
- Scott Dawson says abortion clinic mistake warrants full investigation April 20, 2018Dawson issued a press release about the failure of Reproductive Health Services to make the mandated report, which is intended to expose incidents of sexual abuse.
- Robocall error wakes up Birmingham residents at 5 a.m. April 20, 2018The city of Birmingham has apologized after a pre-dawn robocall woke residents up Friday morning.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- Many approaches may help children improve self-regulation April 20, 2018(Reuters Health) - Yoga, exercise, education and personal skills training are among the many types of interventions that may help kids improve what's known as self-regulation, or their ability to manage their behavior and emotions, a study suggests.
- Opioids overprescribed to patients taking certain sedatives April 20, 2018(Reuters Health) - Narcotic painkillers can be particularly dangerous for patients who also take tranquilizing drugs known as benzodiazepines, but a study suggests doctors are still over-prescribing this combination of medicines.
- Hungarian laboratory worker isolated after exposure to Ebola virus April 20, 2018BUDAPEST (Reuters) - A Hungarian laboratory worker has been isolated at a Budapest hospital after accidental exposure to the deadly Ebola virus but has shown no symptoms so far, health officials said on Friday.
- Many U.S. kids with brain injuries not getting needed rehab April 20, 2018(Reuters Health) - Many children hospitalized in the U.S. for brain injuries don't receive all the rehabilitation services needed for them to potentially make a full recovery, a new study suggests.
- U.S. biotech companies Alnylam, Dicerna settle trade secrets case April 20, 2018BOSTON (Reuters) - Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc said on Friday that Dicerna Pharmaceuticals Inc will pay it $25 million in cash and stock to resolve a lawsuit claiming it stole trade secrets about gene-silencing technology used to develop drug treatments.
- Biogen boosts investment in neurology with $1 billion Ionis deal April 20, 2018(Reuters) - Biogen Inc struck a $1 billion neurology drug development deal with Ionis Pharmaceuticals on Friday, expanding a partnership that developed the company's potential blockbuster drug for spinal muscular atrophy.