Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Authorities investigating homicide at Tuscaloosa gas station September 19, 2017Authorities said he was shot several times.
- Capital murder warrant issued in deadly Fairfield 'road rage' shooting September 19, 2017Fairfield police obtained a capital murder warrant against Jermaine Curtis Boswell, 31. He is charged in the Saturday-night shooting death of Michael Eugene Stevens.
- Metro Diner hiring 100 for new Vestavia Hills location, aiming for October opening September 19, 2017The restaurant, which was featured on the Food Network show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, will open at 1088 Montgomery Highway, occupying 4,800 square feet.
- 5 busted on meth charges in Cullman County raid September 19, 2017The Cullman Narcotics Enforcement Team and Cullman police officers on Monday carried out a search warrant Monday on County Road 160 in the Bremen community.
- Navy Corpsman, an Alabama native, off job for making obscene gesture at 'mini Satan' infants September 19, 2017Navy Corpsman, Alabama native, off job for making obscene gesture at 'mini Satan' infants
- Birmingham mayoral runoff candidate talks stadium, charter schools, more September 19, 2017Birmingham mayoral candidate Randall Woodfin said he supports the city paying for a portion of a new stadium in downtown.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- Novartis's Rydapt wins EU approval for AML, other diseases September 20, 2017ZURICH (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Novartis on Wednesday said it had won European Union approval for Rydapt to be used against a mutated form of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and other rare diseases, adding to U.S. approvals it secured in April.
- Hospital allow kids to drive themselves to operating room September 20, 2017LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A San Diego children's hospital unveiled a collection of remote controlled luxury mini cars on Tuesday that allow its young patients to 'drive' themselves to the operating room.
- As clock ticks, Republicans try to move ahead on Obamacare repeal September 19, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration and top U.S. Senate Republicans pushed on Tuesday for action on a bill to dismantle Obamacare, but time was running out and they were still hunting for the votes needed to pass their latest attempt to gut the 2010 healthcare law.
- UK backs Opdivo for lung cancer after Bristol-Myers cuts price September 19, 2017LONDON (Reuters) - Bristol-Myers Squibb's immunotherapy drug Opdivo has been recommended for some patients with lung cancer by Britain's healthcare cost watchdog NICE after the drugmaker agreed a discounted price.
- Poor sleep associated with higher risk of chronic pain September 19, 2017(Reuters Health) - People who sleep poorly may be more likely to develop a chronic pain condition and have worse physical health, a study from the UK suggests.
- What can studies tell us about whole grains and the heart? September 19, 2017(Reuters Health) - Scientists haven’t yet proved beyond a doubt that a diet rich in whole grains is healthy for the heart, a research review suggests.