Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- 51-year-old man shot to death in Tuscaloosa; woman charged with murder May 26, 2018James Lester Stevenson, 51, was found dead about noon Friday. Kiara Monique Harton, 24, is charged with murder.
- Missing Bibb County boy found safe May 26, 2018The boy was last seen Thursday night in the area of Vernontown in West Blocton and was found safe Friday.
- Alabama inmate escapes from work release center May 26, 2018He escaped from a Childersburg work-release center early Friday morning. He was last seen wearing a white prison uniform
- Fired BJCTA exec alleges gender discrimination in lawsuit May 25, 2018Two days after being fired by the BJCTA, former executive director Barbara Murdock filed a gender discrimination lawsuit against the agency and charged she did not receive "due process".
- I-65 Southbound reopened in Alabaster after multi-vehicle wreck May 25, 2018Drivers should use caution and expect heavy delays.
- EMA: Subtropical storm Alberto will have statewide effects May 25, 2018The Alabama Emergency Management Agency urged residents Friday afternoon to prepare for inland flooding, coastal surge, dangerous winds and potential tornadoes from subtropical Storm Alberto.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- U.S. jury fails to reach verdict in latest J&J talc trial May 25, 2018NEW YORK (Reuters) - A South Carolina jury on Friday could not agree on a verdict in a case of a woman whose family said her long-term use of Johnson & Johnson's Baby Powder led to her death from asbestos-related cancer, resulting in a mistrial.
- VA health systems vary widely in heart disease death rates May 25, 2018(Reuters Health) - Heart disease death rates vary substantially at Veterans Affairs hospitals nationwide, and a new study suggests that this holds true not just for hospitalized patients but also for outpatients.
- Women who freeze eggs to delay childbirth often feel regret May 25, 2018(Reuters Health) - For the past four years, since Facebook and Apple began paying for employees to freeze their eggs to delay childbirth, healthy women are increasingly trying to slow their biological clocks by banking their oocytes, or eggs.
- Food insecurity linked to type 2 diabetes risk May 25, 2018(Reuters Health) - Canadians who cannot afford to eat regularly or to eat a healthy diet have more than double the average risk of developing type 2 diabetes, a study suggests.
- Fear and suspicion hinder Congo medics in Ebola battle May 25, 2018DAKAR (Reuters) - With more than twice as many Ebola outbreaks as any other country since the virus was discovered in 1976, Congolese are familiar with its destructive power, yet fear and suspicion of medical authorities are still hindering efforts at containment.
- Third Indian state checks suspect cases in outbreak of rare brain-damaging virus May 25, 2018MUMBAI (Reuters) - Officials in a third Indian state were checking on Friday if two people had been infected with the brain-damaging Nipah virus that has killed 12 in southern Kerala, although the government described the outbreak as minor.