Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Montgomery abortion clinic failed to report 13-year-old patient April 20, 2018Clinics are required to report patients younger than 14 for investigations of possible sexual abuse.
- Attempted murder suspect captured at Hueytown apartment; drugs, guns recovered April 20, 2018Cantrell Dehardric Harris, 28, was captured about 10:30 a.m. at an apartment on Hueytown Road. The U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, Birmingham police and Drug Enforcement agents carried out the arrest.
- Birmingham high school briefly on lockdown after unfounded report of gun April 20, 2018The lockdown happened at Wenonah High School. School officials said locker and building searches were carried out, but no guns were found.
- Historic downtown Birmingham bridge to be replaced April 20, 2018A historic bridge that connects downtown Birmingham to Southside will be replaced soon.
- Tiny birds, incredible journey April 20, 2018The very woods are alive with splashes of color so outlandish against the spring green as to be almost unbelievable. Birds dressed in the reds, green, blues, pinks and yellows of the tropics dart through the trees. The birds that are here today will likely be winging their way north to breeding ground as far […]
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey says she wasn't invited to opening of lynching memorial and museum April 20, 2018Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey's staff said Friday that the governor was not invited to the opening of a Montgomery-based memorial to lynching and museum that traces the roots of slavery and segregation.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- U.S. biotech companies Alnylam, Dicerna settle trade secrets case April 20, 2018BOSTON (Reuters) - Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc said on Friday that Dicerna Pharmaceuticals Inc will pay it $25 million in cash and stock to resolve a lawsuit claiming it stole trade secrets about gene-silencing technology used to develop drug treatments.
- Biogen boosts investment in neurology with $1 billion Ionis deal April 20, 2018(Reuters) - Biogen Inc struck a $1 billion neurology drug development deal with Ionis Pharmaceuticals on Friday, expanding a partnership that developed the company's potential blockbuster drug for spinal muscular atrophy.
- Concussion raises Parkinson's disease risk in large U.S. study April 20, 2018A new study of hundreds of thousands of U.S. armed forces veterans concludes that banging your head severely enough to lose consciousness can dramatically increase the risk of Parkinson's, the brain disease marked by tremors, slow movements, balance problems and difficulty walking.
- Losing a spouse late in life linked to cognitive decline April 20, 2018(Reuters Health) - Older adults who lose a spouse may be more vulnerable to cognitive decline in subsequent years and require extra support and monitoring, researchers say.
- Germany's Merck seeks partners for cancer and immune system drugs April 20, 2018FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Merck KGaA will seek development partners for experimental treatments including tepotinib as the German company looks to licensing deals to help fund clinical trials, according to its head of drug R&D.
- U.S. appeals court blocks Indiana 'selective' abortion law April 20, 2018(Reuters) - A federal appeals court on Thursday declared unconstitutional an Indiana law signed by then-Governor Mike Pence that banned women from having abortions because of the gender, race or disability, including Down's syndrome, of their fetuses.