Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Patron hurled 'fascist' insult at Stephen Miller while dining at Mexican restaurant June 21, 2018Miller's encounter with an angry customer who called him a "real-life fascist" reportedly occurred two days before Trump's Homeland Security secretary was berated at a Mexican restaurant by protesters.
- Descendants of 1920 Minnesota lynching bond during Alabama journey June 21, 2018On June 15, 1920, three circus workers were hanged at the corner of First Street and Second Avenue in downtown Duluth. A woman had made a claim that she was raped by the men. Her accusation was never validated.
- Federal employees would get 1.9 percent raise next year under Senate proposal June 21, 2018President Donald Trump has recommended a pay freeze for federal civilian employees in 2019. A Senate subcommittee thinks otherwise.
- First Day of Summer, National Smoothie Day 2018: Best freebies, discounts June 21, 2018What better way to celebrate the first day of summer with something sweet? If that's what you're looking for, you're in luck.
- How much money you need to comfortably retire in Alabama June 21, 2018When do you plan on retiring? Age 62? 72? 102?
- Trump basks in cheers at rally in Minnesota as he touts hawkish immigration policies June 21, 2018President Donald Trump defendrf his hard-line immigration policies while unleashing a torrent of grievances about the media and those investigating him.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- Israel's UroGen to start mid-stage bladder cancer trial June 21, 2018RAANANA, Israel (Reuters) - Israel's UroGen Pharma plans to begin a mid-stage trial of its treatment for bladder cancer patients in August, after positive interim results last month from an advanced trial of a treatment for upper urinary tract cancer.
- Oscar to expand individual health insurance to more states June 21, 2018NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oscar Health, which began selling individual health insurance in New York for the 2014 launch of the Obamacare exchanges, on Thursday announced plans to expand into Florida, Michigan and Arizona next year, even as the Trump administration seeks to undercut that marketplace with cheaper insurance products.
- Novo's pioneering diabetes pill beats Victoza, Januvia in tests June 21, 2018COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Novo Nordisk's experimental diabetes pill, which it hopes will transform the diabetes market, has proved superior to both Merck & Co's Januvia and its own best-selling injectable treatment Victoza in tests.
- Canada sets October start for legal recreational marijuana sales June 21, 2018TORONTO (Reuters) - Marijuana sales will become legal in Canada beginning October 17, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Wednesday, making it the first major economy to legalize its recreational use.
- Walking ability before heart surgery tied to brain function afterward June 20, 2018(Reuters Health) - Older adults who are faster on their feet may be less likely to suffer cognitive problems after heart surgery than patients who have difficulty walking, a Japanese study suggests.
- Even 'resolved' atrial fibrillation carries increased stroke risk June 20, 2018(Reuters Health) - Even when the heart rhythm disorder known as atrial fibrillation goes away after treatment, patients' risk of stroke may still be higher than average, a large UK study suggests.