Florida is scheduled on Thursday to put to death an inmate by injection that includes a drug never before used in a U.S. execution.Mark James Asay, 53, would be the first Florida inmate executed since […]
- Hamilton woman dies in one-car crash in Frankiln County February 18, 2018A 56-year-old Hamilton woman died in a one-car crash on AL-247 in Franklin County Saturday night.
- Alabama sheriffs pocket tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars allocated to feed inmates February 18, 2018The sheriffs of some Alabama counties say they believe a longstanding Alabama state law allows for them to keep any funds designated to feed county jail inmates that do not end up being used for that purpose.
- 'Forgive us, because we sold them,' says African ambassador on possible slave ship find February 18, 2018Floating a few feet from the hull of what may be the Clotilda, the ambassador, wearing a necktie and pinstripe suit, shook water and then gin from two bottles over the wreck. In low, forceful tones, he spoke directly to the wreck in a Beninese dialect, his voice often colored with anger.
- Alabama Democratic Party using ground troops to restore power following Jones win February 18, 2018Even after the Doug Jones victory over Roy Moore on Dec. 12, the Alabama Democrats continue to struggle to make a political impact in campaigns. Democrats running for office this year are hoping to ride a wave of energy felt mostly on the national level.
- Data can't prove racism cause of Alabama school system splits February 18, 2018One thing's for sure: Alabama's law allowing formation of a city school system makes it fairly easy to secede from the county system.
- She grew up in her mother's Montgomery boutique. Now she runs it February 18, 2018Shonie Martin started Chantilly on Zelda Road in Montgomery 35 years ago, at a time when there were more cows than streets around the shop.
A Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts will have won more than $750 million on Wednesday. The ticket matched all six number draw, but has still gone unclaimed to one of the largest in the lottery’s […]
Tuesday millions of people ogled the skies using eclipse viewers, but happens now with the glasses? Another eclipse will cross America in 2024, or you can donate them to other parts of the world, who […]
- Gilead wins reversal of $2.54 billion hepatitis C drug patent verdict February 17, 2018(Reuters) - A federal judge in Delaware has overturned a jury's verdict requiring Gilead Sciences Inc to pay a record $2.54 billion because its hepatitis C drugs Sovaldi and Harvoni infringed a patent held by rival Merck & Co Inc.
- AstraZeneca's immunotherapy drug wins key lung cancer approval February 17, 2018LONDON (Reuters) - AstraZeneca's immunotherapy drug Imfinzi has won crucial approval from U.S. regulators for use in lung cancer, opening up a multibillion-dollar market for a medicine that has so far lagged behind competitors.
- U.S. faces shortage of developmental and behavioral pediatrics specialists February 16, 2018(Reuters Health) - A shortage of clinicians specializing in pediatric behavioral and developmental disorders is translating into long wait times for new patient appointments amid surging demand, a new study suggests.
- Hospitalized older adults less often tested for flu February 16, 2018(Reuters Health) - Even though elderly people have the highest rates of hospitalization and death from influenza, a U.S. study suggests that older patients may be less likely to get tested for flu in the hospital.
- Fear of federal law may prevent gun retailers from storing firearms February 16, 2018(Reuters Health) - What if someone who lived with the young man who unleashed one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history this week had been concerned that he might harm himself or others and removed his AR-15 rifle from his home?
- Novartis readies to auction U.S. generic pills business: sources February 16, 2018(Reuters) - Switzerland's Novartis AG is preparing to auction its U.S. generic pill business, looking to shed a unit that has struggled amid fierce price competition, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.